Distributors / Channel Partners perform important role in increasing
Market reach and product sales. Distributors are the most cost effective and trusted link between the customers and the principal company.
Identifying and appointing distributor needs lot of market research and home work. A distributor can make or break the company’s reputation.
In most of the cases (more than 80 % of time) appointment of distributor happens in the urgency of meeting the targets. Many times, the performance of distributor is also depending upon the support the company is offering to help him to establish the products in his market.
Basic Norms for selecting distributors:
o Setup like team, transportation, office, storage space, technology etc.
o Potential distributor should be financially capable and should have financial discipline.
o Industry and product experience in distributorship.
o Good will and approach towards business: market presence, contacts and reputation.
How do I help for setting up Channel partners?
· Developing documentation and process for searching and selecting the right distributors.
· Developing channel partners terms and conditions which include payment collection and after sales support.
· Industry wise developing alternative/innovative channel for reaching the market.
· Developing area wise map and coverage plan through distributors.
· When we are offering a product for distribution actually, we are offering a business opportunity. It is important to help him to develop a sales plan for our products. I help the sales team to develop a basic sales plan document which can be used for forecasting business, monitoring dealer’s activity and supporting him to achieve targets.
· Preparing sales sequence and presentations for dealer development team.
· Developing customized sales training module and conducting sales training.